1. Adjust Your Mind Set: 90% of “Sex” Actually Happens In Our Brains
This is especially true for women. That means that even if you are able to penetrate her for hours there’s absolutely no guarantee that she’ll experience an orgasm or for that matter, like it. Women need to feel positive emotions during intercourse. To fully enjoy sexual intercourse, women need to like you, they have to get into the right mood and they should also be stimulated in various ways by their partner – vaginal stimulation is just a piece of the puzzle.
The average time it takes a woman to reach orgasm is 10-15 minutes. However, you can drastically improve this timeframe if you master the right techniques.
2. Rethink Porn Consumption, It May Cause Dopamine Resistance
According to recent studies, porn consumption impacts dopamine production; that is the hormone responsible for controlling your reflex of ejaculation. Excessively watching X rated movies harms you in 2 ways:
1) You teach yourself to come too quickly. Internet porn is now everywhere and makes it easy to watch a variety of sexual acts and all sorts of fetishes. Therefore, you get the tendency of getting exactly what you want and end up masturbating for a brief moment to quickly achieve orgasm—almost like an addict seeking their next dopamine rush. Lots of men develop this habit at a very early age, which makes it a hard to overcome habit unless the proper techniques aren’t utilized.
2) You risk building up the so-called dopamine resistance. Since it only takes just a small amount of time to consume porn and none of your other senses are involved (such as touching your partner, smells, etc.), the dopamine released during masturbation has a much different effect on your receptors.
Researchers tried to compare the brains of porn-watchers and non-porn-watchers. After testing the porn-watchers group they had to stop the experiment – they couldn’t get a big enough sample to test the second group!
3. Overcome Performance Anxiety, It’s A Big Endurance Killer
I think we all know that feeling: You’re about to have sex with your girl and suddenly these thoughts invade your mind: “This can’t happen again, I’m already way too horny and we haven’t even started yet. What if I come too quickly? She’ll definitely think I’m a loser if I can’t satisfy her needs”. If that’s the case, don’t worry; you’re not the only one.
The bad part is that these thoughts and feelings aren’t just hindering, they’re often responsible for inducing premature ejaculation. So you could say that your mind is the one causing a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Here’s an example: Don’t think about a pink baby elephant. Don’t even try to picture his big pink head in your mind.
Sure enough, you’ve just thought about a pink baby elephant. That happens because our subconscious mind can’t interpret negations – they only function with affirmations. When you think, “I can’t come too early again, don’t let this happen, etc.,” all your subconscious hears is “Come too early again. This will happen”. The good news is that with a bit of mental exercise and a few techniques you can quickly fix this problem. You’ll notice you automatically stop before the fear even begins to show its nasty head.
4. Recalibrate Your Subconscious Mind to Withstand Intense Arousal
Remember how we agreed that most sex takes place in your mind? Well, that’s why it’s a smart choice to work on your inner mental game in order to conquer premature ejaculation. The best tool to use for this is called “Neuro Linguistic Programming”, which was developed in the early 70’s and is backed up by several Yale studies. Numerous and various NLP techniques are successfully used today in treating phobias or depression, coping with trauma and eliminating bad habits such as smoking or substance abuse.
You can basically hack your brain to adopt new behavioral patterns. Isn’t that great? Using specifically designed NLP exercises, you can quickly learn to shed your fears, eliminate patterned sexual behavior, gain confidence in bed and rewire your subconscious for better, longer lasting sex.
5. Strengthen Your “Sex-Muscles” With Kegel Exercises
You’ve probably already heard of the Kegel exercises. They were designed to train your pelvic floor muscles, often referred to as the sex muscles. By strengthening these muscles you can achieve numerous benefits like greater control over ejaculation and enhanced sexual function. In order to correctly apply the Kegel technique, you must go through a 2-step process:
1) Chances are you’ve never really used those muscles. That’s why you have to start out by training your pelvic muscles and building them up slowly. This will allow you to use them effectively during sex, later on.
2) Once you’ve built up those muscles, it’s time to put them to work in a productive way. Contrary to most advice on the Internet, simply having strong pelvic muscles won’t do anything special for you. You have to know when to flex and when to relax them; this will make a huge difference during sexual intercourse, especially when you combine it with efficient breathing patterns. We’ll see about these techniques in great detail further on. Stay tuned!